Shared Ownership Valuation

If you purchased your property through a Housing Associatiion as part of their shared ownership scheme then it is generally the case that you require an RICS valuer to value the property either when you wish to sell or staircase (buy more of a percentage).

You can choose to purchase a greater share after your initial purchase has completed. In some cases there may be restrictions on when and the total amount you can purchase and you should revert to your solicitors and lease details.

Purchasing additional shares can be very helpful in terms of adding to the value of your overall assets and of course it will reduce the rent payable on the balance of the property.

The Housing Association usually require a valuation report to be provided by an independent RICS registered valuer and here at Your Surveyors, we are well equipped to assist you with this from start to finish.

For more information regarding shared ownership you can visit this government website link.

Get a quote in 28 seconds